In this country:
- We have children dying in cages at the border.
- Medical debt is the number one cause of personal bankruptcy.
- We are spending astronomical amounts of money on a criminal justice system that only perpetuates the cycle of crime and poverty.
- Climate change will dramatically impact our quality of life within 30 years.
- Popular opinion has LITERALLY ZERO statistical impact on whether a law is likely to pass through Congress.
- Corporate money in politics is keeping struggling and middle class Mainers from being able to connect with their elected officials on the issues that matter... and destroying the possibility that any of these issues will be resolved in our favor.
- Politicians who spend more than half their taxpayer-funded time in the legislature fundraising to get rich on the purchase and sale of our future have no incentive to change that.
- We have to stop electing the same people and expecting them to change.
Bre Kidman is an attorney with policy experience and an axe to grind with the system that is destroying our democracy.
Bre Kidman for Maine: Because Maine deserves more than a politician